Sunday, February 8, 2009

Marathon Training Week 5 and 6

Week 5: 10 miles total; feeling pain in my shins
Week 6: 2 miles; Shin pain nearly unbearable on short run. Did weight training this week to give shins a rest.

They were painful to the touch. I found a way to stretch and message them to relieve the pain. Reading and advice from an experienced runner suggests that I need better shoes. I have a pair of cross trainers and I've had them for a while now. My birthday gift to myself will be a pair of fancy running shoes =o)

Oh and one more thing - I'm adjusting this marathon goal to half-marathon. Yep, shin pain is also an indicator of over training. Sometimes you don't know until you know, you know? But there is no shame in half-marathon for this rookie runner. No shame at all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god no shame AT ALL! This goal is still absolutely amazing! Take care.

    ReplyDelete