Monday, March 16, 2009

Mission: Look Good Naked!



I've been on a mission to improve my health and to feel my very best since late last year. The goal: To feel and look incredible by my next birthday - the big 30! Today, I did something awesome towards that goal! I'm officially a member of Crunch!
I didn't realize how desperate I was for a change in gym until I walked into this place. Everything else seems so dull in comparison. They have a location right by where I work so I thought to check it out since I had heard raves about their very interesting group classes. After a walk around, it had lived up to my expectations. The place screams - Different and Fun!


I'm so psyched to try a few of their classes this week:

Tomorrow - I'm meeting a personal trainer for half hour during my lunch break (yep I signed up for a few of those too!!) Then after work, I'll be taking their R&B Lounge class (their descript)- "From Stevie Wonder to Alicia Keyes, this class features the most soulful artists to move you through a smooth set of rhythm and blues choreography." Does that even sound like a workout?! Sounds like a whole lot of fun!

Wednesday - I want to try their Cardio Tai Box class - "A high energy; high impact blend of kicks and punches set to upbeat music. This class is the perfect combination of martial arts, boxing and cardiovascular training." Sounds like "Bye, bye flab!" to me!

Thursday - Gonna try The Ride &Abs - this is their spin class with an ab workout thrown in. Awesome!

Classes on my list to try next week: Pole Dancing, Virgin Yoga, Rockstar Pilates, Knockout Boxing. I couldn't be more excited!

Probably will go for a run in the park on Saturday if the weather is nice. Friday and Sunday are my laziest days of the week so they default as my Rest days. I'm figuring with these awesome classes, plus my runs, PT sessions here and there... I'll be sizzling hot by summer's end!!

I promised myself this year that I would take care of myself and that I would put my health as my #1 priority. It's mid-March so I'm doing alright so far. Next year I'll be 30 and I want to feel my very best.
Photo Source: Here

1 comment:

  1. If nothing else the *names* of the classes sound much more exciting than what I am used to! It is so good that you've found something with interesting classes. I'm about to quite the gym completely because its so boring it only makes sense when its freezing outside.

    ReplyDelete