Monday, June 8, 2009

Counting my many blessings

I have plenty to be grateful for. I have to focus on those things now more than ever. When I allow myself to think about all that I have lost in this move, it breaks my heart. I fight back tears as I write this...

I'm grateful for:
  • Summer! The weather was amazing this weekend.
  • I live with the sweetest roommates. We get along so wonderfully. We spent all of Sunday together. All weekend we've been so helpful to one another with moving and settling in. We have great chemistry.
  • My puppy. He's been so good about the move. He reads me so well it honestly astonishes me. I'm so in love with him!
  • I now live only a few blocks from one of my dearest girlfriends. We went for a long walk yesterday and caught up on the latest. I love her dearly and I've missed her. I'll be seeing much more of her now.
  • Puppy friends. My roommates each have a dog of their own. One is a puppy Puggle and the other a senior Lhasa Apso mix. My puppy has company and playmates while we're all away at work. It's such a relief to have this setup. We're a team when it comes to our babies and having that kind of support is priceless.
  • I am fortunate to live in a beautiful area of Queens. It is so green and lush. Tree-lined streets and beautiful gardens everywhere. I'll be posting pics soon. I look forward to walking my puppy and going for jogs just for scenery.
  • Neighborhood is so convenient! Shops and restaurants only a few blocks away!
  • My room came with a functioning air-conditioner. One less thing for me to buy.
  • It's my mama's birthday today. I would be lost without her. I am so grateful to have her with me still.

No comments:

Post a Comment